Saturday, July 15, 2006

Don't get me wrong...

A few people have commented or written after reading my BLOG about my growing years, stating how sorry they are that I had to endure such an experience with being teased and/or feeling different or ashamed of my body.

Don't get me wrong, yeah, it was slightly tramatic, but not horrible. Yeah so, I was treated like kind of a freak and teased, but they (the "girls") did garner me a lot of attention both annoying and somewhat arousingly, ie, I kind of liked it.

And of course its funny now, running into some of the old high school guys who did the teasing and taunting, only to have them say (with eyes glued to my chest), "Well, gosh, uh, umm, yeah, I remember you in school, but, um, uh...you filled out some since then."

Uh, um, yeah, ya think, you doofuses?!

So anyway, all you great folks who wrote and said you feel sorry for me, thank you but not to worry...I got over it. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tigarr said...

I believe we all get teased or made to feel that way (for some in more of a degree than others)...

and so happy to hear that it's something in the past (ie.. done deal) and that you can go on without it weighing you down. :)

*blush*

9:18 AM  
Blogger Helia A Melonowski said...

I haven't been able to see my shoes since grade school :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger NecrochildK said...

Problem with grade school is you don't even have to look different to be teased and an outcast. From 4th grade on up I was the scapegoat of most of my school (all girl's school) Just because I liked comic books and drew a lot. When it got into high school, I literally was the only girl ostracized by the entirety of the high school. It didn't help either that I had asperger's and was unaware of it, so they saw me as slow or oddball in behavior and thinking.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home